Thursday, November 18, 2010




          The video game is so powerful.  This TED talk, as so many are, gives me a new perspective on my world and the things I find important.  It's so wonderful to better understand yourself, your culture and humanity through things that are familiar.  Tom Chatfield's discussion of how the rewards work in gaming is amazing.  This is at the core of what we need to bring to education.  Through integrating this type of research and design into instruction you can really make huge strides in education and engagement.

        As I listen this discussion one question comes to me:  "What will the ethical obligations be once this code is cracked?"  Many of you may already be familiar with Freud, but how many of you know that his an other psychologist works were used by the Nazi's and later the advertising industry.  The harm and value gained from bot the Nazi's and Ad Agencies is evident. We must be very careful in how leverage this knowledge.  Imagine these new techniques being used by Al-Qaeda.

        I can't wait to see what happens in this field of study. 

       

No comments:

Post a Comment